Geeks Who Drink is a pub trivia game that lasts about two hours, has eight rounds of eight questions and competes teams of drunkards in groups of at least six players. I played tonight on a team of four and, in my opinion, we rocked it! Did we win? Nope. Were we even close to winning? Not by a mile, but we had fun and I learned so much about North Dakota.
Here is a sample quiz from their website. These aren’t easy questions and drunk people have the most creative answers! Get out there, find a local bar that plays Geeks Who Drink and have some dang fun!
Theme: The Answer’s In The Lyrics
1. Elton John’s tiny dancer was a blue jean baby and an LA Lady. What was her job for the band?
2. In Right Said Fred’s lyrical masterpiece “I’m Too Sexy,” which of the following is Fred NOT too sexy for? A. His shirt, B. New York, C. Your party, or D. His pants.
3. Chuck D of Public Enemy “got a letter from the government the other day. He opened and read it, it said they were” WHAT?
4. Madonna wrote the song “Vogue” cause she knows “a place where you can get away,” that is if you “long to be something better than you are today?” Where or what is that place?
5. A cowboy puts a notch in his gun. Where does Pat Benatar put hers in “Hit Me With Your Best Shot?”
6. What’s the first question posed in the lyrical masterpiece that is “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath?
7. According to Naughty By Nature, what is rule #1 in this OPP establishment?
8. “Champagne Supernova” ends with three questions: How many special people change? How many lives are living strange? And ….Where were you while we were….?
Bonus: Jewel “never leaves WHAT on the floor anymore” because “dreams last so long, even after you’re gone.”
2. D. His pants
3. Suckers. From “Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos.”
4. The Dance Floor
5. “In my lipstick case”
6. Has he lost his mind?
7. Keep your mouth shut, (or any variation thereof) exact lyric: When you get down, you can’t go ’round runnin’ off at the mouth. That’s rule number one in this OPP establishment. You keep your mouth shut and it won’t get back to her or him.
8. “getting high?”
Bonus: Wet Towels