“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.” The Buddha
The full moon is the time to give up ideas and habits that are not currently bringing positivity into your life. There are several ritual activities used to let go. I have some old ideas and ways of being that I am all too happy to give up. Here are my rituals for tonight’s Full Moon/ Harvest Moon/ Super Moon:
- Write down a situation that has been causing negativity in your life, say a little prayer for a positive resolution and burn the piece of paper.
- Create a healing salt bath using epsom salts, essential oils and herbs. Soak in the light of the moon, if possible.
- Make a soothing tea of your favorite herbs, leave the infusion out in the light of the moon. Strain and enjoy the next morning.
- Bathe your crystals in the light of the full moon to re-energize and clear them.
- Burn sage while walking through the house and inviting positivity into your home while leaving the door and windows open for negativity to exit.
- Practice the moon salutation yoga poses to energize your powerful, positive intentions.
Congratulations, you are now officially a WITCH! Just kidding. Maybe kidding. Little bit kidding.